- Residential Market
- Light Commercial Market
- Commercial Market
- Indoor Air Quality
- Components & Accessories
- Residential Controls
- Commercial Controls
- Testing, Monitoring, Tools
- Services, Apps & Software
- Standards & Legislation
- EXTRA EDITION
According to Technical Training Associates, the workshop will present information on how to properly install, maintain, and troubleshoot furnaces and heat pumps in step-by-step detail. The topics of proper airflow, safety, and proper use of test and service equipment related to furnace and heat pump servicing and troubleshooting will be demonstrated. This workshop will also prepare technicians to take a nationally recognized, 50-question, multiple-choice certification exam on carbon monoxide and combustion analysis.
Participants will learn:
• Installation considerations and proper airflow in heating equipment.
• Combustion, vents, heat exchanger inspection in gas furnaces, and CO alarms.
• Using diagrams and troubleshooting gas and electric furnaces and heat pumps.
• Testing gas valves, transformers, limit switches, motors, and other components.
• Burner and air adjustments and combustion analysis for gas furnaces.
• Spark and hot surface ignition control systems troubleshooting.
• Heat pump refrigeration and airflow system evaluation and troubleshooting.
A take-home workbook that visually and descriptively explains how to test components, use wiring diagrams, and troubleshoot heating system problems is issued to each participant for use during the workshop, and also serves as a reference manual for use later on the job. Each participant will also receive a professional-grade, take-home digital meter (retail value $225) capable of accomplishing all necessary electrical, temperature, and gas pressure measurements in servicing gas furnaces and other heating equipment.
The workshop fee of $795 includes the workbook, digital meter, and certification exam fee.
For more information and to register, visit www.techtrainassoc.com or call 520-625-6847.
Publication date: 7/15/2013