- Residential Market
- Light Commercial Market
- Commercial Market
- Indoor Air Quality
- Components & Accessories
- Residential Controls
- Commercial Controls
- Testing, Monitoring, Tools
- Services, Apps & Software
- Standards & Legislation
- EXTRA EDITION
The morning session, session 1, will address understanding the financial impact that workers' compensation has on all employers, big and small. Topics will include:
• Why are my premiums so high? Learn how rates are calculated and vary from carrier to carrier.
• I hate the audit process, what can I do to prepare myself for it?
• Understanding your experience rating and how it can lower or raise your premiums.
• Why you should report all claims instead of paying the small ones.
• The rise and fall of the workers’ compensation market. How all these hurricanes aren’t helping the cause.
The afternoon session, session 2, looks at claims management and accident investigations. Topics will include:
• Why understanding the basic work comp benefits can help you avoid litigation
• What is a return to work program and why does every insurance carrier ask if I have one?
• “Freeze those facts” – a toolkit to investigating accidents and fighting insurance fraud.
• Correctly reporting claims – if you’re doing it wrong, it could be costing you money.
• The importance of timely claim reviews.
• How can I assist in recovering monies if an employee is injured as a result of a third party?
To register for session 1, email Dennis Powers at email@example.com; to register for session 2, email Brianne Mooney at firstname.lastname@example.org; and if you wish to register for both sessions, email both Powers and Mooney. When emailing your registration, include your name, company name, and email address.
Publication date: 6/3/2013