Organizations: May 13, 2013
• Heating, Air-conditioning & Refrigeration Distributors International (HARDI) welcomed four new wholesale distributor members, Carrier Hawaii (Kapolei, Hawaii), George T. Sanders Co. (Wheat Ridge, Colo.), Connor Co. (Peoria, Ill.), and Ingersoll Rand (Carmel, Ind.).
• The Air Conditioning Contractors of America (ACCA) will host a members-only Obamacare webinar at 2 p.m. May 30.
• The Solar Energy Industries Association (SEIA) named Christopher Mansour (right) as vice president of federal affairs.
• North American Technician Excellence (NATE) will offer free oil furnace and oil hydronics certification opportunities during the National Association of Oil and Energy Service Professionals (OESP) Convention and Trade Show, May 19-23 in Hershey, Pa.
• BACnet Intl. (Atlanta) named Brad Hill, Paul T. Jordan, Raymond Rae, and Michael R. Wilson to its 2013 board of directors.
• The Sheet Metal and Air Conditioning Contractors’ National Association (SMACNA) is accepting comments on its “HVAC Systems Sound and Vibration Procedural Guide” through June 7.
• The Radiant Professionals Alliance (RPA) announced Mark Eatherton will assume the position of executive director.
• The American Institute of Architects (AIA) and its Committee on the Environment (COTE) selected Aidlin Darling Design’s (San Francisco) the Matarozzi/Pelsinger building as the inaugural recipient of the Top Ten Plus award, recognizing sustainable design.
Publication date: 5/13/2013