- Residential Market
- Light Commercial Market
- Commercial Market
- Indoor Air Quality
- Components & Accessories
- Residential Controls
- Commercial Controls
- Testing, Monitoring, Tools
- Services, Apps & Software
- Standards & Legislation
- EXTRA EDITION
The System Syzer performs a variety of calculations, including:
• Calculating the friction loss and velocity through various pipe types and sizes based on existing fluid conditions.
• Calculating the relationship between fluid temperatures, system flow, and heating/cooling load.
• A flow coefficient (Cv) tool that shows the relationship between Cv, flow, and head and accounts for fluid properties.
• A pipe length/pressure drop tool that interfaces with the other calculators to view the relationship between pipe length, friction loss, and total head loss.
• A bundled Circuit Setter®/triple duty valve calculator that is useful during the design phase to help predetermine valve settings, and out in the field to determine flow through the valves based on pressure drop readings.
The System Syzer was released as an app for Apple iPhone® and iPad® devices last year. It is available for free download from Apple’s App Store.
For more information, visit www.xyleminc.com.
Publication date: 3/11/2013