- Residential Market
- Light Commercial Market
- Commercial Market
- Indoor Air Quality
- Components & Accessories
- Residential Controls
- Commercial Controls
- Testing, Monitoring, Tools
- Services, Apps & Software
- Standards & Legislation
- EXTRA EDITION
According to the company, the Nest Learning Thermostat learns about the customer’s lifestyle and automatically adjusts itself when they’re away; guides the customer to energy-efficient temperatures when they’re home; and eliminates programming difficulties by creating a personalized schedule based on temperature-change history.
Elizabeth Killinger, Reliant senior vice president, Residential and Operations, said, “While only about 10 percent of programmable thermostats are ever actually programmed, 99 percent of installed Nest Learning Thermostats are running a schedule that reflects the owners’ lives. We’re excited to be working with Nest to give customers a better way to control their electricity use.”
Reliant said benefits of the Reliant Learn & Conserve Plan with the Nest thermostat include:
• Price security: The electricity plan provides a fixed price for 24 months.
• Comfort: Nest learns customer preferences and creates a custom schedule based on their temperature changes.
• Savings: Built-in activity sensors allow Nest to adjust itself when customers are away so they don’t waste electricity cooling an empty home. And Nest’s Airwave feature is said to reduce a/c runtime by up to 30 percent.
• Control from anywhere: Nest mobile and web apps allow the customer to control Nest from anywhere using a smartphone, tablet, or laptop.
“We chose Reliant because it leads Texas in bringing customers innovative tools to help them reduce their electricity use and they clearly see the value that Nest provides,” said Erik Charlton, Nest vice president of sales and marketing. “A properly programmed thermostat can save 20 percent off your home electricity bill, and Nest’s auto-schedule feature makes it very easy to reach your energy-saving potential.”
The Reliant Learn & Conserve Plan is a 24-month term plan that provides customers with one Nest Learning Thermostat. For plan details, visit www.reliant.com/nest.
Publication date: 7/23/2012