Consumers Energy Awards Over $2 Million in Incentives to Help Businesses Save Energy
These projects are saving the 664 participating customers an estimated $2.4 million in energy costs annually. This represents savings of 20.7 million kWh of electricity and more than 112,020 thousand cubic feet (Mcf) of natural gas annually.
“When it comes to energy, Michigan’s businesses and schools are becoming leaner and greener as they tap the resources available from our Business Solutions program,” said Fred Alatalo, business energy efficiency operations director for Consumers Energy. “Our incentives help customers install energy efficient equipment that will provide them with long-term savings.”
Examples of some of the customers that received energy efficiency incentives in the first three months of 2012 include:
• Saginaw-Midland Municipal Water Supply Corp., Au Gres: $111,306 for the installation of variable-frequency drives on two pump motors, saving 1,532,658 kWh annually.
• Kellogg Company, Battle Creek: $26,471 for the installation of pump bypasses, saving 330,887 kWh annually.
• Swartz Creek Community Schools, Swartz Creek: $3,677 for boiler tune ups, saving 964 Mcf annually.
• Davison Community Schools, Davison: $4,300 for boiler tune ups, saving 1,401 Mcf annually.
• Lansing School District, Lansing: $138,390 for seven mechanical retrofit projects, saving 10,000 Mcf annually.
• Jackson Public Schools, Jackson: $60,434 for lighting upgrades and boiler enhancements, saving 168,144 kWh and 3,837 Mcf annually.
• Jackson Community College, Jackson: $2,450 for boiler testing, saving 1,197 Mcf annually.
• Zylstra Greenhouses, Kalamazoo: $20,930 for HVAC work, heat curtains and infra-red film, saving 11,235 Mcf annually.
• Covenant Health Care, Saginaw: $68,120 for chiller and air handler replacement, saving 433,362 kWh annually.
• Ovid Elsie Area Schools, Elsie: $4,700 for boiler tune ups, saving 872 Mcf annually.
For more information on Consumers Energy’s energy efficiency program for business customers and how to apply for incentives, visit www.consumersenergy.com.
Publication date: 6/4/2012