Dec. 19, 2011: Verizon and CASIO Introduce Ruggedized Mobile Phone for Field Workers
According to the companies, the phone is ideal for use on construction sites and in warehouses, which require a device that is reliable, easy to use quickly and efficiently, and has the capability to withstand extreme wear and tear.
Key features include:
• Meets Military Standards 810G for immersion, water, shock and dust resistant, vibration, salt fog, humidity, solar radiation, altitude, low and high temperature storage.
• Field Force Manager — a location-based mobile resource management tool that provides businesses with the ability to locate, monitor, and communicate with their mobile field workers.
• Push-to-Talk capable for fast two-way communication.
• Full suite of messaging options, including text, picture, video and voice messaging and mobile instant messaging.
• VZ Navigator® — receive audible turn-by-turn directions and share directions with others, includes access to mobile Web and email.
• Bluetooth® support includes headset, hands-free, phonebook access, object push for vCard and file transfer.
• 3.2-megapixel autofocus camera with flash and camcorder.
• 1.38-inch external color display.
• 2.5mm headset jack.
• Supports up to 32 GB microSD™ card.
Publication date: 12/19/2011