Manufacturers: Dec. 12, 2011
• Heat Pipe Technology Inc. (Gainesville, Fla.) a division of MiTek, a Berkshire Hathaway company, announced that it has made improvements to its manufacturing facility and product delivery times, as part of a fresh capital investment campaign. A new R&D area was added, including production offices on the production floor. Additionally, new quality control standards have tightened tolerances for purchasing specifications and manufacturing practices.
• Genteq® (Fort Wayne, Ind.) celebrated the production of the 10 millionth motor at its Springfield, Mo., manufacturing plant, which included a visit by Springfield Mayor Jim O’Neal.
• Anvil International (Portsmouth, N.H.) promoted Lisa Turner to the position of operations excellence manager and Brandon Gunnell to director of marketing.
• Venstar® Inc. (Chatsworth, Calif.) has signed an exclusive agreement with Bruce-Rogers Co. (Fort Smith, Ark.) for the distribution of Venstar HVAC control products throughout Arkansas.
• Whirlpool Corp. (Benton Harbor, Mich.) is marking its 100th anniversary with a year-long celebration.
• Ritchie Engineering Co. Inc. (Bloomington, Minn.) announced the hiring of Michael Lanners (right) as vice president, domestic sales and marketing.
Publication date: 12/12/2011