SMACNA Awards for Safety
The 2011 safety awards program indicates that safety and health remained a top priority for SMACNA members as 350 members participated in the survey. The results represent nearly 70 million man-hours worked in 2010.
For the 2011 program, more SMACNA contractors reported zero injury incidents over 2010 as 130 member companies reported zero injuries compared with 113 last year, a significant increase said SMACNA. In addition, the average Occupational Safety and Health Administration injury/illness incidence rate decreased from 3.84 in 2010 to 3.46 this year, another indication that SMACNA contractors take safety seriously, the association said.
SMACNA is pleased to acknowledge the 2011 safety program winners in the following man-hour categories. First-place winners of the 2011 safety program will be recognized at SMACNA’s 68th Annual Convention, Sept. 25-28, in Colorado Springs, Colo. They are:
• University Mechanical and Engineering Contractors, Tempe, Ariz. (More than 500,000 hours);
• Air Systems Inc., San Jose, Calif. (400,001-500,000 hours);
• CMC Sheet Metal, Capitol Heights, Md. (300,001-400,000 hours);
• Indoor Environmental Services, Sacramento, Calif. (200,001-300,000 hours);
• Mechanical Service & Systems Inc., Midvale, Utah (100,001-200,000 hours);
• Mechanical Concepts Inc., Gary, Ind. (50,001-100,000 hours);
• C.J. Hansen Co. Inc., Salem, Ore. (25,001-50,000 hours);
• Foothill Air Conditioning & Heating, Los Gatos, Calif. (1-25,000 hours).
Publication date: 09/05/2011