- Residential Market
- Light Commercial Market
- Commercial Market
- Indoor Air Quality
- Components & Accessories
- Residential Controls
- Commercial Controls
- Testing, Monitoring, Tools
- Services, Apps & Software
- Standards & Legislation
- EXTRA EDITION
Scholarship winners are:
• Mark Baxter, YTI Career Institute, York, Pa.
• Craig Daniels, University of NW Ohio, Lima, Ohio
• Zachary Ellis, Trenholm State Tech College, Montgomery, Ala.
• Ryan Gallagher, Ferris State University, Big Rapids, Mich.
• Anthony Gelander, Blackhawk Technical College, Janesville, Wis.
• Mark Hunsicker, Pennsylvania College of Technology, Williamsport, Pa.
• Blake Jackson, Autry Technical Center, Enid, Okla.
• Kristi Knouse, Matanuska Susitna College, Wasilla, Alaska
• Chad Lee, Baran Institute of Technology, East Windsor, Conn.
• Matthew Lightner, Thaddeus State Tech College, Montgomery, Ala.
• Michael McKeel, Frederick Community College, Frederick, Md.
• Bernard McGarry, Delaware Technical College, Georgetown, Del.
• Nickolas Morgan, University of NW Ohio, Lima, Ohio
• Stanley Petchulis, Pennsylvania College of Technology, Williamsport, Pa.
• Curtis Parker Roe, Ivy Tech, Lafayette, Ind.
• Jordan Zeedyk, Ferris State University, Big Rapids, Mich.
The scholarship program was established to encourage students to pursue higher education and a career as HVACR technicians. A scholarship of up to $2,000 is awarded to qualified students who are enrolled in an HVACR program at an accredited institution. Between 2003 and 2009, the Rees Scholarship Foundation has awarded nearly $110,000 to 64 students.
“By recognizing these deserving students enrolled in HVACR technical career programs, AHRI is helping the industry close a serious and growing skills gap in our country,” said AHRI President Stephen Yurek. “These students have demonstrated drive, commitment, and leadership to reach their educational goals and we are pleased to help them achieve their career potential.”
Selection criteria used by the review committee included academic performance, letters of recommendation, work history, and a short essay. More information about the Rees Scholarship can be found at www.ahrinet.org/education/rees/.
Publication date: 09/07/2009