- Residential Market
- Light Commercial Market
- Commercial Market
- Indoor Air Quality
- Components & Accessories
- Residential Controls
- Commercial Controls
- Testing, Monitoring, Tools
- Services, Apps & Software
- Standards & Legislation
- EXTRA EDITION
In addition to the hundreds of sustainable products and technologies on display, various green seminars and sessions will also be offered to attendees, including:
• The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency’s (EPA’s) Energy Star Program will host an information booth as well as conduct an educational session at the 2009 show.
• The Partnership for Environmental Leadership, a collaboration of six green-minded industry associations, is driving its HVAC Mobile Green Classroom right onto the Expo floor. Attendees will have free access to hands-on learning opportunities presented inside this informative classroom. The training trailer demonstrates new and innovative technologies being used to enhance a building’s energy efficiency while maintaining occupant health, safety, and comfort.
• The U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC) will be presenting a full-day LEED educational program.
• The Green Mechanical Council (GMC) will provide two free educational programs for interested attendees.
• The American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE) will offer several seminars on a variety of green topics.
To recognize industry suppliers who offer products for a cleaner indoor environment, the AHR Expo will once again present the Indoor Air Quality (IAQ) designation. Companies that showcase products for indoor air quality improvement receive a special IAQ sign to display in their booths during the show. Also, the most innovative green HVACR product will be selected from among exhibitor submissions as the winner of the 2009 AHR Expo Innovation Award in the Green Building category.
“As a leading information resource for the HVACR industry, it is critical that the AHR Expo keep its attendees on the cutting edge of the latest green products and issues,” said Clay Stevens, president of International Exposition Co., which produces and manages the Expo.
For more information, visit www.ahrexpo.com.
Publication date: 09/15/2008