Gargaro's World: Klein Is an Idiot

Time Magazine’s Joe Klein recently wrote a column titled “Kill Your Air Conditioner.” If you want to read this left-wing idiot’s rantings go ahead and visit and search Klein. But basically, he writes that “The unnecessary refrigeration of America has become a chronic disease” and that air conditioning is “bad for the planet.”

Klein confesses that he “loves warm weather, even when it slouches to humidity.” He also bemoans the fact that the a/c was running at a recent inn he stayed at in New England.

To quote Livia Soprano, “Well, poor you!”

The first thought that entered my mind was it is easy to lob verbal shots from up in New England. How about you hang out down in Florida during mid-August and then talk to me about not using air conditioning? Maybe we should cut off the a/c at Time Magazine’s home office and see how good company morale tracks.

I thought the liberal agenda was “If it feels good, do it.” I guess that does not stretch to include temperature. This is what is wrong with liberalism - they find something they can live without and then they begin to scream that everyone else should live without it also.

Well, they can have my air conditioning when they pry it from my comfortable, cooled, sweat-free hands.

And I know, global warming is going to fry us like eggs… blah, blah, blah. However, that is where Klein loses his point. He states that air conditioning represents only 4 percent of our energy use. Well, then how about attacking cars, planes, and the other 96 percent. He even stated that while air conditioning is bad for the planet “unfortunately, it is not as bad as I’d like it to be.” That last sentence is simply mind blowing.

Talk about no respect for the HVAC industry that brings comfort and health to millions. Hey, maybe we should ban ice cubes?

Did you enjoy this article? Click here to subscribe to The NEWS Magazine

Recent Articles by Kyle Gargaro

You must login or register in order to post a comment.



Image Galleries

2015 ACCA Conference

Images from the 2015 ACCA Conference in Grapevine, Texas. Posted on April 8, 2015.


NEWSMakers: Leslie McDowell

Leslie McDowell, director of communications at the Building Performance Institute Inc., discusses the nonprofit organization's new homeowner centric website. Posted on April 10.

More Podcasts


NEWS 04-13-15 cover

2015 April 13

Check out the weekly edition of The NEWS today!

Table Of Contents Subscribe

Global Warming

Do you believe in man-made global warming?
View Results Poll Archive


2015 National Plumbing & HVAC Estimator

Every plumbing and HVAC estimator can use the cost estimates in this practical manual!

More Products

Clear Seas Research


Clear Seas ResearchWith access to over one million professionals and more than 60 industry-specific publications, Clear Seas Research offers relevant insights from those who know your industry best. Let us customize a market research solution that exceeds your marketing goals.


Magazine image
Register today for complete access to Get full access to the latest features, Extra Edition, and more.


facebook icontwitter iconyoutube iconLinkedIn i con