- Residential Market
- Light Commercial Market
- Commercial Market
- Indoor Air Quality
- Components & Accessories
- Residential Controls
- Commercial Controls
- Testing, Monitoring, Tools
- Services, Apps & Software
- Standards & Legislation
- EXTRA EDITION
The association has approximately 50,000 members in more than 130 countries, and in recent years has seen an increase in its non-North American membership, outpacing its traditional base growth. New technologies are also accelerated at varying speeds in different parts of the world. In response to these challenges, the ASHRAE board of directors adopted the Strategies for a Global Environment, incorporated into its Strategic Plan adopted last year.
Through the 14 strategies in the plan, ASHRAE intends to expand the amount and the quality of information and services available to its members.
“ASHRAE’s adoption of its Strategic Plan was a significant commitment to becoming a truly global society,” said Tom Watson, P.E. “Successful implementation of the plan requires that ASHRAE become a global leader in sustainable design in HVACR. ASHRAE members no matter where they reside or work need access to technologies and products that draw upon the best knowledge of individuals throughout the world.”
Some strategies include:
• Developing expertise in HVACR technologies to embrace whole building sustainable design and be one of the most valuable global resources for publications and educational products related to sustainable HVACR technology.
• Pursuing opportunities and processes along with translation to publish its literature in various languages.
• Cooperating with organizations with shared objectives and strengthening the ASHRAE Associate Societies Alliance.
• The cost of annual membership dues will be balanced with the cost of providing membership benefits and services in different geographic regions.
• Pricing publications and educational products so they are within reach of ASHRAE’s global membership but will not be priced at less than the cost of providing them.
• Strengthening the ASHRAE brand to reflect a global strategy that serves the needs of all members.
For more information, visit www.ashrae.org.
Publication date: 09/10/2007