- Residential Market
- Light Commercial Market
- Commercial Market
- Indoor Air Quality
- Components & Accessories
- Residential Controls
- Commercial Controls
- Testing, Monitoring, Tools
- Services, Apps & Software
- Standards & Legislation
- EXTRA EDITION
The resolution reads as follows:
"Whereas indoor environmental systems have saved millions of lives and improved the health of our citizens;
"Whereas, because of environmental systems, food is preserved, modern medicine is possible, and our children breathe easier;
"Whereas the men and women who design, manufacture, install, and maintain heating, ventilation, air conditioning, and refrigeration systems play a crucial role in our economy;
"Whereas professional certified technicians save our nation millions of dollars each year through the design and installation of more efficient equipment that provides essential comfort while reducing energy usage; and
"Whereas the Air Conditioning Contractors of America have proposed designating April 18 through 24, 2004, as National Indoor Comfort Week: Now, therefore, be it resolved, that the House of Representatives:
(1) recognizes the contributions that environmental systems have made to our quality of life, including through reducing energy use;
(2) recognizes the technicians who install and maintain environmental systems and thanks them for the application of their knowledge to increasing energy efficiency; and
(3) supports the goals and ideals of National Indoor Comfort Week as proposed by the Air Conditioning Contractors of America."
Paul T. Stalknecht, president and CEO of ACCA, stated "We salute Rep. Manzullo and the U.S. Congress for recognizing the importance of our industry, and urge everyone in the HVACR community to use National Indoor Comfort Week as a tool to showcase the depth of our industry's impact on American life."
National Indoor Comfort Week logos can be downloaded for use in print and online materials from the association's Web site at www.acca.org.
"This is an exciting opportunity for contractors across the country to show off how proud we are of our industry, and our employees," Stalknecht said, "while reminding everyone of how important we are to the modern world."
Publication date: 03/15/2004